Sunday, December 28, 2008

When sky is no longer the limit

Recently, I came across an interesting article about Barack Obama. In that article, it is said that many parents are “summoning up” Obama to motivate their children:
Get up! Do you think Obama would have slept late and not made it to school on time?
Why don’t you guys share? Don’t you think Obama would want you to share?
How much did you read? Obama would have finished the book by now.
Belittling your friend shouldn’t make you feel better… Obama would never do that!!

Whoa..

I myself also feel very motivated by a story narrated by one woman in that article.

“(for presidential campaign) Both Obama and McCain were in Pennsylvania on a rainy day. McCain cancelled. But Obama was there in the rain. The rain was pouring and he was speaking, and the crowds were there,” she said.
“He did not slow down. At that moment, I knew he would win. It is the sense of determination that I want to impart to my children. That being good is not enough. You also have to have that drive.”


The story lingers in my mind… Yes, being good is not enough, we also need to have the Determination to drive us to greater Heights…

1 comment:

Andy Yijing Tan said...

Haha, just started your blog? Your title 'When sky is no longer the limit' makes me have a feeling like 'it's going to the world-end day' when you are going beyond the sky to heaven. Haha, nice blog.